Z Series Top-Entry Agitator
The ProQuip Z Series Top-Entry Tank Agitator has a right angle power package for mounting in minimum headroom situations and easy service access. The gears are enclosed in a rugged, oil-tight, cast-iron housing for strength and dependability as well as resistance to chemical attack from most corrosive fumes. The case is designed with a “dry-well” to prevent oil leakage.
- Rugged cast iron housing resists shock loads, maintains accurate
- Rugged design with single reduction with involute helicoid thread form worm gearing
- High capacity to sustain high starting loads or momentary shock
- Strength and power of worm gear plus the efficiency of helical or spiral bevel gear
- Oversized output shaft and heavy-duty tapered roller bearings with L-10 lives in excess of 100,000 hours
- Dry-well dam around output shaft provides a positive barrier against oil leakage
- NEMA motors flexibly coupled to gearbox
High efficiency worm gearing having an involute thread form provides output speeds down to 60 RPM with 1800 RPM motors. It has substantially fewer parts than helical or spiral bevel units to reach comparable output speeds.
The worm gear is machined from alloy steel and is hardened, ground and polished, providing a hard wear-resistant surface over a tough shock-resistant core.
The worm is carried in roller bearings maintaining precise alignment and providing long, dependable service. The gear is mounted on the substantially oversized output shaft, which allows large diameter overhung shafts to be used.
The Power Packages are designed so that they can be left unattended with confidence between normal routine maintenance and inspection checks.