Double Helix Impeller
The ProQuip double helix impeller is best for all-around high viscosity, laminar flow mixing applications. It is commonly used to blend high viscosity fluids in a laminar flow regime. Helical ribbons, in a close-to-wall configuration, operate in relatively slow speeds to create fluid movement “up” along the tank wall and returning down its center.
The ProQuip double helix impeller is ideally suited for low Reynolds Number applications.
Features and Benefits
ProQuip double helix impellers include the following features and benefits:
- Used in very viscous systems.
- Good for blending of liquids from the surface.
- Blends well even when the viscosity is greater than 1,000,000 cps.
- Especially indicated when the system is highly non-Newtonian and/or viscoelastic.
- Helices provide good heat transfer in jacketed vessels
- The double ribbon arrangement is preferred to better balance mechanical forces and to provide more
circulation than does the single flight arrangement.
You May Also Be Interested In
In addition to the double helix impeller, ProQuip manufactures several other high viscosity impellers:
For More Information
Contact us today at 330-468-1850 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your agitator impeller needs.