- Primarily used in heat transfer applications for viscous systems when vigorous blending is not required.
- Often fitted with wall scrapers to enhance heat transfer from a jacketed vessel.
- A variation on the Anchor.
- Cross-arms are used to enhance mixing towards the center of the vessel. These may be straight or inclined.
- More effective than an Anchor in highly shear thinning systems where simple anchor arms may tend to “cut a hole” in the batch.
ProQuip Double Helix Impeller
- Close wall clearance, laminar flow impeller for blending high viscosity materials